View Single Post
Old 2013-03-20, 21:41   Link #76
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Ok,as much as I agree with Dawnstorm and I 'll even add in a couple of quotes that go towards the screenplay being at the service of animators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari Okada
When you write a script, it's important to be aware how the next people (directors and actors) think of the script. You have to make things easy for the next people to handle and you should provide an incentive for them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamoru Hosoda about TGWLTT's screenplay
Okudera's screenplay had a very high level of detail so that it enhanced the storyboard greatly,the only elements not included in the script were backround settings.During the drawing process I remember telling myself "what a great script"
While you draw a storyboard, you have to perform some simulations for certain scenes but on TGWLTT you could always come back to the script.
That goes in towards the screenplay being at the service of animators.

But Triple R's point is pretty darn simple and I fail to see what's so alien about it.
If a team of animators gets handed a plot full of plot holes and are told to animate it, no matter what they do the plot holes will still be there and that is no way their fault.

It's not as if separating each part is unheard of,hell Woody Allen does it (the subject being Dr Strangelove)