View Single Post
Old 2008-05-08, 22:07   Link #25
Calan

1. Personality
2. Do tell what you disgusted the most in fansubbing? - Hardsubs, xvid, oversubbing
3. Do tell any attributes you like about fansubbing? - HD. Competition/drama
4. What are your aliases or nicknames you've used in fansubbing? - I'd rather not say any other than Calan
2. Mission
1. Why do you fansub in the first place? - I was tired of seeing groups release stuff that I could do better.
2. Why do you continue fansubbing? - Something to do. It's fairly interesting and I believe it has made me a (somewhat) better writer.
4. When do you start fansubbing? Just over a year ago
5. Define fansub or state the mission of the fansub - Mission? Try to make the best release possible?
3. Groups
1. List your current group(s) and your position/job in that group(s) - Not including groups I joined but never got any work in: AnimeYoshi (Editor), Conclave (QC), NEET (Editor/QC)
4. Do you freelance? - If someone asked me to, yes, but I don't think I have thus far.
4. Projects
1. What kind of series (genre) do you enjoy working on? - Whatever I'm told to. Never really been in a situation to have a ton of choice.
2. Do you work on any series that you don't like? If so, why working on them? - Yes, most of the series I work on/have worked on were not my favorites. There were some good ones, but for the most part I just worked on them so I could stay in x group.
6. Jobs
1. What are your current fansubbing jobs - Edit, QC.
2. Which fansubbing jobs can you do - Edit, QC.
3. What are your favorite fansubbing jobs - Edit, QC.
4. Make a definition of the job you can do or your current fansubbing job briefly. - Engrish -> English.
7. Other Plans
1. When are you planning to retire/quit from fansubbing? - Whenever my social life, school, etc take up enough of my time that I can't find "adequate" time for fansubbing.
2. Are you planning to train other novice fansubbers so that they'll be just as good as you are? - If someone wanted help I'd help them, or point them towards someone with more experience.
3. Are you going to document everything what you did so that other people can get to know how to fansub better? - Not really... it's fairly straightforward: I joined a group, figured things out, then joined other groups.
Calan is offline   Reply With Quote