View Single Post
Old 2009-05-27, 05:17   Link #51
Justin Kim
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by koohyuko View Post
Actually, I'm pretty sure that it is indeed the 88 key. I went back and checked out the OP, and using two reference shots, concluded that it is indeed a 88 key. Check it.

Spoiler for The Proof(I Hope):

That gives us 6 full octaves(the 3rd Octave, labeled Octave C, is repeated in both shots), and two sets of 8 keys on each end(E through B on the low end and C through G on the upper end). That's 88 keys. It got slightly cut out, but in the OP version of the lower shot, you can see the LED screen, which is clearly visible on the top image. That was my reference point in making sure that I didn't skip/add any octaves.

Gosh, I'm bored. I'm doing an analysis of the OP to determine the number of keys.... I think its bedtime.
I didn't really see the graduated hammers underneath the OP, if you can find a picture of that, then I will be convinced. Since, I went to Sam Ash and Guitar Center today, and the 88-key was way larger than what I saw in K-On!