View Single Post
Old 2013-02-17, 07:33   Link #145
garbage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
What about a version of the system that's completely impartial? Perhaps even actually run by several supercomputers working in tandem? One that focused more on mental healthcare rather than getting dissenters out of the way?
As Seung said some episodes back, it is technically impossible in terms of computing power with their current technological level. So i guess using supercomputers of the purely electrical/mechanical kind is impossible as an emulator of Sibyl's current function. And as long as there is a "human component" it's a hard sell in terms of being completely impartial.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Pretty much. Mind, the reason they don't want Makishima killed, is because guys like Makishima are the kind of people qualified to join the brain network.
I on the other hand take this as : Some parts of Sibyl system seems purely electronic/machine like the Hue Reading. But those 250 brains do the final judgement and prduces the PP. can't quite remember exactly if they can do scans without connection to Sibyl Main ( the factory arc implies they do). Probably some correlations & personal histories, done really quick due to their PDP(Parallel Data Processing)

It's not that the Dominator (as held by Akane) didn't want Makishima killed (same as with Toma) because he's a new recruit, in fact they could have just used paralyze mode. but because it can't read him. Which is why they wanted to recruit him after so that the Sibyl Main will have a better understanding of his kind of "uniqueness." So it's not "being a recruit" the reason they don't/can't shoot him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingPenguin View Post
Judgement of ones psycho pass has been shown to be entirely objective,because that chief changed the dominators state....
I don't really see this , in fact there has been a lot of posts and comments in this forum regarding PP readings, as to why one is this high while one is not, etc.
the director only changed the Dominator state against Kagami (even though his PP is high enough) is because he is registered as an ENFORCER connected with the MWPSB in the computer, and because she wants the ultimate decomposer mode to remove all traces. She would have needed to change it too against Makishima because, Makishima can't be read normally, he is an anomaly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qilin View Post
Yes, but what avenues are left for them to satisfy those desires without their physical bodies?
I think the very presence of the old style Hunter invalidates this point, remember he is very much just a brain on a robotic body at that point when he was doing all those crimes. They made a stern point of this during his arc , maybe as a foreshadowing of Sibyl. The director itself is another.