View Single Post
Old 2013-11-23, 13:45   Link #571
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Since story progression in the game appears mainly triggered by research, I deliberately made priority research the last of my priorities (no pun intended) before embarking on several key council missions.

By the time of the fishing village incident, I already had in my squad, 2 heavies, 2 assault, 2 support and 3 MECs as part of my squad selection. All of them sport archangel armor and plasma weaponry. Needless to say, that particular mission was a cake walk. I also discovered that, for your Mech units, snipers are the best troops to augment. Once your snipers reach the rank of colonel, they should all have 115 aim to their name. This meant, once augmented, your Mecs would rarely miss. Their lowest accuracy, as I have observed, is 85%. Put them on overwatch and they will hit about 90% of the targets with more crit than any other configuration.

And since they have flamethrowers to boot... well... poor Chryalids, I actually felt a little sorry for them.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote