View Single Post
Old 2006-04-30, 06:12   Link #8
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
editedit: it *looks* like they're reactivating this line (originally released in 2003) so I've pre-ordered it and asked them to clarify if they mean 2006 for the restock. If so, this would be very cool. (do I sound hormonal? figurine hunting is a scary addiction)
Yeah, I can't see them having 'preorder by May 15th' there if it wasn't due for a rerelease this year - they wouldn't have left that on for the best part of 3 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E.
This figures come fully painted and assembled* right?
*dont know if this is the right term to use here.
So says the site:
Product Overview: This item is a series of gashapon (capsule toys) or trading figures depicting characters or people. It does not require either cement or paint to complete or use.

So you won't need to paint them. However, you may have to clip them together. I think quite a lot come fully assembled (yeah, I'd say that was the right word), but then again some don't (some more examples courtesy of Moyism - 2 3 4 Some of 3's are fully assembled, but the majority seem to be put-together. Can't help but wonder whether they fall apart fairly easily.

I've always managed to resist buying any of these things (not too fussed on spending ~£40 on some figures that'll sit and do nothing collecting dust in the corner) but those are so tempting But I fear if I buy them it'll start a slippery slope towards financial ruin

[Edit]Excellent, I thought so... seen as they've been out once before, there are loads of pictures available of the figures. Haven't found out whether they involve assembly yet though, but here are the pics if anyone wants to see them (click links from this wonderful little site) If I've got any of the names wrong, please let me know.

Hakuoro (ハクオロ):

Kamyu (カミュ):

Urutori (ウルトリィ):

Touka (トウカ):

Eruruw (エルルゥ):

Aruruw (アルルゥ):

Yuzuha (ユズハ):

Various Unpainted (キャラクター象牙色 版):

Those various unpainted figures worry me somewhat (if you get 12 in a box, and have a chance of getting those then all of a sudden you're EXTREMELY unlikely to get all of them in one set I just wanted the painted ones dammit)

Last edited by Varion; 2006-04-30 at 06:55.
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote