View Single Post
Old 2011-12-28, 12:57   Link #829
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
So, along with the mystery series, KyoAni is also doing Chū-2 Byō Demo Koi ga Shitai! in 2012?

So, in other words, while there remains more Haruhi and FMP to adapt, KyoAni is deciding to pick up two entirely new properties rather than to take a more balanced approach by doing something new while also continuing on with one or more of its established franchise. I find that very disappointing. KyoAni is basically leaving fans of its established franchises out in the cold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocko View Post
Judging the ann article it seems to be a love triangle type of romcom.

Also before all the "where's Haruhi?!" posts start flooding in whenever something non-Haruhi is announced, people need to chill and realise KyoAni aren't slaves to the Haruhi franchise. It'll come when it comes.
This is a horrible preemptive strawman argument attempting to squash legitimate criticism. Nobody is saying that KyoAni should be "slaves" to the Haruhi franchise. But I would argue that KyoAni should try to strive for balance between developing new properties while continuing on with older established properties. What's wrong with that?

However, what KyoAni is doing instead is basically sending the message that if you're a fan of one of their older established properties, you're going to be left out in the cold in 2012, and you might even be forgotten about going forward beyond that.

I respect the worth in KyoAni trying to find new properties to work on, but they shouldn't completely abandon fans of their established properties in the process.

And if KyoAni don't intend to ever do more FMP, then it's high-time that they let some other anime studio take over that franchise, don't you think?