View Single Post
Old 2008-02-03, 12:25   Link #25
devildog23
Summerlurking

Princess Mononoke is a breathtaking movie that not enough people notice. You have to watch it to realize its merit. Its old so it lost some of its popularity

Overdrive comes to mind. Its based on my tastes, but its really good. Overdrive is about sports, bicycle racing in particular and its widely underrated and unknown. Although the race seems to drag on, the ending to the race makes up for it. It has some pretty funny moments and some pretty dramatic moments. Bike racing for the premise of the show sounds lame, but its surprisingly very interesting.

Bakumatsu Kikansetsu Irohanihoheto isn't well known, but it should be. Although it goes on and off with some shows being boring and others being amazing, it still kept my interest. Its like a samurai historical anime with some elements of fantasy.

Ranma 1/2 is widely known as it is, but since its so old, nobody really pays attention to it anymore.

Major is another sports anime that not many pay attention to. The first season is its best season. NOTE - its the only thing involved with sports that made me cry like a baby.

An underrated, but GREAT comedy anime is Yakitate Japan!! A typical shonen animem but with a twist, the superpower isn't super saiyan or a zanpakutou, its bread. Yeah you heard me, and thats what makes it awesome and funny. Its solely based on comedy so if your looking to laugh, look into this one.

Ongoing ones that I find underrated
D.Grayman - I find not many people pay attention to this, but its actually very good, its a shonen anime, but don't shoot it down because of that. It employs action, adventure, horror, drama, and comedy all into one breadbasket. If you start watching it and like it, I'll tell you once it hits episode 53 it gets way better.

Yeah and about Naruto, its probably the most popular anime out there right now, although I have yet to see it.

EDIT - To the person who posted below me - Really? I never knew, because I haven't heard of it that much before I started watching it and I rarely see it suggested, so I thought it wasn't that popular. And like I did, some people may overlook this one because of the odd concept.

Last edited by devildog23; 2008-02-03 at 13:01.