View Single Post
Old 2008-12-21, 03:04   Link #17922
Levy
differently sober

This discussion is OT, move it to the general thread or drop it here. I think that Charred Knight nailed it, a couple of days ago: the Black Knights, as much fail as they can be, are not Lelouch's slaves. He did a lot of mistakes - willingfully or not - in keeping their trust, and at that point, with help from Schneizel, he had to face the consequence of what he did.
And I guess Mahakala is right in saying that nothing he or Karen might say on the SAZ or everything else could have gain him back their trust.

As for Karen, as much as you can like her, she's not the center of the universe for everyone, nor for the characters, nor for the fans. There's a war going on and she was suspected to be under mind controll. There's no time to be nice. Should I hate all of the BK because of what they did to Karen? I claim the right to think otherwise. I'm unable to hate anyone by default.

Ohgi being a shitty big brother for her? Sure thing, and that's one of things I absolutely don't like in R2, but she still cares for him in the end, so, if Karen understood and forgive all of them, why should I bother?
Remember that they don't know that she's close to Lelouch also. They do not know nor could have an idea of the emotive impact the mutiny might have on Karen, and you can't seriously blame them for not having been able to figure out that.
Levy is offline   Reply With Quote