View Single Post
Old 2012-12-02, 19:32   Link #233
Makender
Varsity Slacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I don't know, I'm pretty sure a lot of people, myself included, would be beyond miffed if Kirito soloed what a raid in ancient equipment couldn't, in the equivalent of vendor trash. Especially after seeing how closely matched he was to the Salamander General.
Isn't ALO supposed to be skill based? I mean he was one-two shotting enemies more or less easily with that vendor trash and there was some strange sequence at the end before Kirito died where he seemed to be under the assumption that if he could reach the top he could end the raid. Honestly, it would have been kind of badass to struggle through it alone where others have failed as a group. Reminds me of sequences like in Metal Gear and MGS4 where snake has to crawl across an electrified floor in an individual effort of pain and suffering to accomplish his goals. Snake is scarred, but mentally-fortified after such a harrowing experience which is a route the writers could have went with Kirito. I guess we just have to deal with teen angst now.

Makender is offline   Reply With Quote