View Single Post
Old 2010-09-08, 00:09   Link #7105
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastion_Arcion View Post
Athena, I believe, didn't especially bring life to the forum at all herself though. I believe it could have been centered around Nagi and the activity would have been just as effective.
It was the drama of the manga and the length of the storyline that brought it. The character seemed to be a factor only when she decided to drop out of the story that fans seemed to think it would never return to that level and vanished.
Individually, I don't think any single character could have anything at all to contribute for a discussion by he/herself. And, I agreed, it could have been centered around anyone and still have the potential to be as effective if the "story/drama/event" concerning them is interesting/exciting/great, etc. However, for about 2XX chapters about the other characters, there wasn't such or much of an excitement that the manga delivered for us to have as much discussion as during Athena's arc.
Broadly, you could say that it was because of the storyline that the "manga" had or the drama that the author created; but, more specifically, it was because of the "character" that the events followed that established the "storyline/drama" that give us the opportunity for the discussions. Like you said, it could have centered around Hayate and Nagi or anyone else, but I think their "story" (or anyone else's) wasn't just that intrigue enough yet compare to Athena's, and they have been together since the manga started for a much longer period of time.

If it was the "drama of the manga" (not that I agree) that have been lagging which indicates that Hata is incompetence to make another great drama before and after Athena's arc, I guess he couldn't make a great plot out of any other character (yet?) besides Athena. So, it was still Athena that made the thread rolling. ^.^
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote