View Single Post
Old 2012-10-28, 15:01   Link #108
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
neither do i. as i tried to explain, i think the two characters merged prior to obito's fight with minato
And I don't, and I am unsure why you do. We literally just had an entire flashback about Obito and what led up to the Kyuubi attack. So, why would Kishimoto deliberately hide or not disclose the moment spiral zetsu and Obito became one? Additionally, since we do see Obito with a different mask, I am unsure why chose that moment to believe they became one, why not later when he switches back to a spiral mask?

Quote:
i was quoting you...
LOL, You're right . Admittedly, it was based off of your idea that Obito was somehow smarter with the "spiral zetsu" (which in turn would mean that there is some baseline intelligence that was enhanced).

Quote:
obito wasn't smart enough to do what tobi has done imho. i think a merging of him with zetsu would explain the change.
What has Tobi been shown to do that counts as "smart"? The only thing I could think of is the manipulation of Sasuke, but even that doesn't require much intelligence (he was simply telling a well concocted lie that he could have been working on for years). Everything else that Tobi/Obito has done has all been part of Madara's plans (even if Obito screwed up the order and the details).

Quote:
he does speak in 2 different voices and one of them is silly just like spiral zetsu was after all.
So what? Tobi acting like a fool could simply be acting. Why does it need to be more complicated?

Madara had the plan, Obito followed it. End of story.

Quote:
i disagree. just look at his appearance. when obito speaks with young nagato and yahiko he is clearly wearing the spiral zetsu suit. when he invades konoha a few pages later he looks like normal tobi with the black suit and no zetsu armor. something changed between those 2 versions of obito we just haven't been told exactly what it was. my theory is that he merged with spiral zetsu to make himself more powerful and smarter
Or, Obito's body was finally strong enough that he could act independent of the spiral suit. Before he left the cave Zetsu told young Obito that his body wasn't yet strong enough to do much of anything. That indicates, to me, that one day Obio's body would be strong enough. Consequently, his big debut in Konoha could have been the first moment that Obito acted independent of the suit (this would also explain why he lost so easily).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote