View Single Post
Old 2006-07-06, 00:04   Link #88
Seiryuu

Embarrassed to admit I watched this, especially considering how much I personally loathe the American version(no offense to any PPG fans out there :P). Mostly just wanted to see what they did with it.
Pluses(over the American):
Dialect variations embellish personality quirks.
I can actually say they look somewhat humanoid.
Personalities are described and embellished enough that there might be some potential for real development.

Minuses:
The weapons. Just about the only thing A-PPG had going for it imho was the fact that the characters fought with what passed for fists, which made it possible to resemble intensity. The one ep I ever watched, where Bubbles goes nuts and beats the **** out of MJ, just wouldn't work if she was blowing bubbles at him.
The poses. NO combatant in any situation should stop to strike a corny pose before saving the civilians.
There's so many things wrong with this it's absurd. I always though the guys that made APPG were high on some sort of chemical(let's call it X?), but apparently the makers of JPPG were able to improve the drug, thus the Z.

I can't believe I just wrote all this about a show like this. Excuse me while I locate a noose to hang myself with...
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote