View Single Post
Old 2007-07-06, 00:30   Link #1044
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by arias View Post
But you get 5 Blu-ray movies free with any PS3 purchase for the next two months or so, if I'm not mistaken. I can't see how that's not a great deal.

The PS3 will now be the same price as the X360 Elite, so any argument about cost will almost be a fanboy issue. I also think it's still too costly for the general gamer market now, but it'll make the console available to another portion of the market which will further generate sales and faciliate price drops in the future.

Or alternatively, Sony could have made the PS3 $399 and charge US$50 a year for its online service and made the money back in three years. Obviously the extra costs for the X360 are hardly factored in by consumers and arguments online. That's just sad.
Personally, I thought the PS3 was a better value from the get-go. It comes with a next-gen dvd player of the format that IS winning. Regardless of sony's rhetoric, that IS added value. I'm just shocked that they're lowering the price already. I'm still glad that I bought mine when I did, though. I wouldn't want to risk getting a ps3 without the emotion chip.