Thread: Persona 4
View Single Post
Old 2008-03-27, 16:41   Link #54
Kagedanji
Doughy goodness. I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by digi.amuro View Post
Since I dont feel like typing right now, here's my post from the Atlus board regarding the glasses:

Why does everyone seem to think the glasses=persona summoning anyways? Has it been stated somewhere?

I really do think that the glasses are just for shadow detection, while the cards are the means by which they summon persona. Didnt they use the tarot cards to exchange for Persona in the early Persona games? Doesnt seem like too big a stretch for them to utilize the same concept, albeit implemented just abit differently.

That aside, I dont really care about the glasses. they'll be pretty much forgotten after about an hour of playing anyways, especially since they lack the impact of a gun-shaped device on your waist.

The cards! Makes perfect sense to me. Different card=different persona. if it turns out to be the glasses, I wont mind. I'm just curious about the glasses thing.

To me, P3 was supposed to reinvent the Persona series for new fans. Whether they succeeded or failed, I think it was pretty much the jumpstart for Persona to keep going. That said, that doesnt mean everything will conform to this new style completely. After all, there are plenty of people who complain about how they miss some of the element from P1 and P2 that are missing from the newer installments. I like to think that Atlus takes some of those critiques and suggestions into consideration. Thats how you make a better game (or potentially ruin a game, pending)
Megane has been a pushed aside art. Atlus is trying to revive it, I'm guessing. If Chihiro suddenly appears at age 20 and summons Personas, which I for some reason find to be somewhat likely, I'll have more reason to buy the game.

Using cards to summon Personas would make it look like Yu-Gi-Oh. They don't even represent the Personas as much as they do the arcana. Tarot cards were used to exchange persona and fuse them as well in all 3/4 games. Actually, maybe you're right about the cards, but they haven't been used to summon before. Maybe they'll go with the classic way of summoning them, having them jump from their bodies.
Kagedanji is offline   Reply With Quote