View Single Post
Old 2006-04-20, 18:34   Link #1
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Psieye Send a message via MSN to Psieye
The Ontology of Haruhi Suzumiya

You know, I've never scanned the OP in so much detail as this before... After the title and before the Starry Run sequence are a lot of formulae written in white (hence hard to read). I could spot:

Haruhi Power Walking shot (focussing on her skirt/mid-body)
Electron-positron orbits
The Capital Lambda symbol

Haruhi Power Walking shot (focussing just above her head)
- Chemical formula for a Benzene ring (along with its formula written out compact form: C6H6)
- t_universe (presumably a Cosmology equation)
- Planck's Constant (i.e. h-bar) in [J s] units
- Some geometric series summing to infinity
- D = 0.4 + 0.3 x 2^n (not sure what this is an equation of)
- Schrodinger's equation written in Dirac Notation
- N = R^0 x f_p x n_e x f_l(?) x f_i(?) x f_c x f (this seems somewhat familiar but I can't quite pinpoint it...)
- H(x) = - SUM [for all x within the set X] (......) (couldn't read all of this but I don't quite recognise that x within X set condition. Maybe a Hamiltonian?)

Haruhi Cheerleader sequence
English + Kanji + Standard form representations (i.e. 10^3, 10^6, etc) of orders of magnitude going upwards (up to Septillion and higher)

Mikuru Cheerleader sequence
- Schrodinger's equation applied to a potential well
- E^2 = c^2 p^2 -> (i h-bar d/dt)^2 c^2.... (etc etc etc) (Normally it's E^2 = c^2 p^2 + m^2 c^4 so this is some expression for a massless particle - likely a photon)
- Expression for the time-dependance of wave functions (though they're using d^2/dq^2 where q is a generalised space coordinate)
- h-bar = h/2*Pi (standard notation this)
- E = mc^2
- A partial differential equation used in Thermodynamics (I think that's S for Entropy and u for Internal Energy... damn so rusty on this one)
- A probability expression
- Grad^2 spelled out (d^2/d(x_1)^2 + d^2/d(x_2)^2 + ... + d^2/d(x_n)^2)

... I'm probably the only one right now who's wishing Mikuru isn't blocking the background in this sequence.

Haruhi Banchou sequence
Kanji + Standard form representations for orders of magnitude this time heading towards the small scale (10^-15, -16, etc)

At this rate, the Haruhi OP will become my motivation for studying for my final Physics exams... XD