View Single Post
Old 2008-03-16, 17:26   Link #2355
Puffendahl
Että koko kokkoko?

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
@Puffendahl: I have no qualm whatsoever regarding the choice of characters there! It's beautiful. How you have different sizing squares is also vital in showing importance of individual expression in the scene.

The only thing that I am going to nitpick on is the white spacing inbetween the squares and how the squares are spliced in this case. You need to fully utilize that space allotted as we're assuming this is going on a book, so the squares need to be close and totally occupying that one page, while without ending up as 4 rectangles. Noizi Ito sensei's approach is one background with one split screen, slanted to the direction of the characters.

An example with how Ito split the panels is an illustration done for volume 5, on The day of Sagittarius. I think that lining up Asahina's bottom to that of Kyon's would fill the requirement of taking up the page.
I see your point... I should probably fix it. Though it feels I a bit late now... Maybe I should have posted it here first. I just got a bit too exited after finishing it

I didn't pay much attention to the squares, other than making sure that the lines are smooth and straight. I'll be more careful from now on. Thank you for pointing it out.

EDIT: fixed it. I hope I did it right, I was too impatient to check the Noizi Ito art

Last edited by Puffendahl; 2008-03-16 at 17:37.
Puffendahl is offline   Reply With Quote