View Single Post
Old 2012-10-04, 10:07   Link #960
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Man the democrats seem to be trying really hard to give the election back to Romney now and it almost seems like the race has become one towards becoming the most milquetoast and deceptive candidate one can possibly be. Then again these televised presidential debates have become something of a sham (the redneck patriot centerpiece behind the candidates on the stage, the talking down to viewers and each other). They've basically turned it into a form of night time entertainment and yet it's something that people should be taking seriously. I just can't help but look at the U.S these days and go "wow you guys are so done". The candidates are terrible and liars, the electorate doesn't know jack shit about what's really going on and is just going to vote for whoever says the nicest sounding things, the news is concerned with petty partisanship rather than getting the facts out there and seems to be outright trying to manipulate the election so that the perception is that it's as close as possible so that viewers still tune in and don't think it's a done deal and they don't need to watch the news anymore to keep up with the race, it's almost like it's a game at this point. Like a high school student council election. At this rate no matter who wins this election it's still going to be bad, it's just a matter of levels you're looking to control at this point. Do you want things to stay exactly the same or more than likely get worse under Romney. Does the country sink together in the short term, or does one side stay afloat off the backs of the already unfortunate and then sink a few years later anyway. Those are really the options now. Meanwhile China must be in their absolute glory watching this unfold.

Before this debate I'd have said that Obama is a decent candidate, now honestly I kind of think they both pretty much suck and don't want to talk about or deal with the facts and that a vote for Obama is basically just not a vote for Romney at this point. Brutal!