Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll To Love Ru
View Single Post
Old 2008-09-01, 15:58   Link #1019
Midonin
Last Engage

TLR is a show I didn't go into for a plot in the first place. I knew from the start that fanservice, the girls, and Rito being pursued by the girls leading to fanservice was all I really needed. Episodes that focus on the human/human alien cast (Run's water park adventures, the sports festival, Oshizu-chan) are fine - that's what I like in the manga and like in the anime.

(I also liked the Magical Kyoko episode, but I'm a sucker for show-within-a-shows).

The anime version of TLR's major downfall was that a disproportionate amount of focus went to the aliens of the week. A few of them with manga origins are fine, but most of them take focus away from the human cast and usually don't do much in the way of fanservice or humor.

And while I wish some of my favorite manga gags - Zastin's mangaka run, run-ins with the cops, and the scene where Lala naked-wrestles with a dolphin - had made it in, some material being left out is fine and I can deal with that.

To wrap this up, the show turned out to be alright for what it was. The voice cast did a good job, and even some of the original material was good. Episode four was a fun watch. Just...needs less Aliens of the Week and more focus on Rito's haremettes.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote