View Single Post
Old 2008-09-20, 12:20   Link #476
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiHikari View Post
@ Golthin: Sheryl didn't win by default because Ranka left. Ranka ASKED Alto to go with her! She didn't want to leave him, she even confessed to him.
You are partially correct Maihikari, she didn't get the chance to ask Alto, she was interrupted by Ai-kun before she could complete what she was going to say. Besides that, you are correct about the rest. She decided to let go of Alto because she realized that he could never forgive the Vajra. Also Alto couldn't go after them until they could find where they went! Once you open a fold and close it there is not way to track them, only Grace had that capability to do that and was not using a beacon, but by the fold network she shares with Brasra!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Sure. Way to react...

Yeah, well, I find it amusing that you'd rather have the two of them end up in tragedy rather than seeing them together after your preferred alternative might not be happening. Is it really that bad? Even if Alto dies in the end, it still doesn't change what happens in this episode.

Hey, who knows? Maybe Alto will end up with the both them, which you didn't even bother to consider in that post. But that would be such a cop out to the point of meaninglessness.
prefared alternative? Look back and tell me when have I been a Sheryl or Ranka shipper?
I know this was going to come out by saying i would like to see alto dead. I have always defended the fact that after episode 21 sherylxAlto was a given even when new things happened and Ranka shippers came with new hope. I keep saying that a RankaxAlto end will be more shocking than the one from Canvas2. My Voting record also speak for itself. Heck, Ranka shippers argue and try to rebuttal my stance about RankaxAlto not being possible anymore after episode 21. I really don't see how they still have any hope that Alto will end with Ranka.

I said that even though Alto said he did all those things for Ranka in 23, that he will stay with Sheryl. I was one of the first people that I didn't like that Klan told Alto about Sheryl's disease because Ranka fans will use that as a relationship for pity.

this is one of the few shows with a LT where I am not shipping, thanks to that I can go both sides and see things in an open minded way.

I might come as cruel person by wishing that Alto die, but the alternatives are kind of worn out. I have been watching anime for so long that the old recipes are getting Old. I now look back at shows with ends that I didn't like when I first watched the show and realize why the directors did it.

Simply put, If alto lives, he will end with Sheryl. IF he lives and ends with Ranka, that will be more of a shock than killing Alto.