View Single Post
Old 2009-06-24, 10:52   Link #199
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Islam seems to be a complicated religion. Why do some people interpret it as a religion of peace laced with war? Right now, even the Muslim "freedom fighters" fight for a "jihad" when the cause is so flawed.

I refuse to believe that Islam or Christianity has some omnipotent being who relishes in bodily fluids like a rampaging ravenous omnivore. It is just some asses who wanted power by pretending to be a messenger of that being of worship, then killing those who stand in their way.
there is not such thing as a religion of peace in monothistic religions
the only peace that such religion's can accept is when anyone NOT part of said religion is either dead or inslaved
the moment you say there is only one god, you say that everyone who DOESNT believe in him must die (basiclly)

religion is a man made product ment (originally) to try and give answers to our lack of knowing about the natural world
humans are by nature creatures that seek understanding and patterns in what we see
and we often would prefer even a bullshit answer then a no answer
hence religion
but it has since became (in the words of karl marx) "the opiate of the masses"
and the ones in charge are the dealers and pushers
there would always be conflict, but involving religion in these conflicts is a sure fire way to inflame them farther
there is no better way to prepetuate a specific conflict and make people unwilling to compremise in it then declaring the whole thing a "holy" issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amex_Yohko View Post
Here in Malaysia(which I came from), the media praises Mahmoud Ahmadinejad for his "fair and square" victory. They also praises Iranian government handling the riot. I heard a rumor that Malaysian government put their anti-riot police at Iranian embassy because they knew there will be some protest take place. In other words Malaysian government and people wants Mahmoud Ahmadinejad win because they saw him as "hero" who can exterminate the Jews in this world, primarily in Israel. They always dreamed to see Israel's downfall.
i find what you just said to be BEYOND disturbing
partly because i cant for the life of me understand WHY this is the case
what possible tie is there between the jews/israel and Malaysia ?