View Single Post
Old 2004-08-26, 01:56   Link #281
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macbrother
Unfortunatley, assuming he was named hokage at that moment, that creates a conflict with the Naruto data book. Taken from the biography of Ni/Shodaime:

So you see, Shodaime died and Nidaime was hokage for some time afterwards, so according to that, Sarutobi cannot have been named hokage at that time (As both 1st and 2nd were alive). What's often inferred is that the statement "tomorrow you will be hokage" was referring to tomorrow as the future or 'next' era, e.g., "tomorrow's generation."
明日から、貴様が。。。火影だ!
(I took this from what I remember of the episode; I had to reference it another time for the same argument)

"From (starting) tomorrow" - no doubt about it. There would be a different way to say "Hokage of tomorrow" or "next Hokage".

Yes, it is an inconsisteny. Wouldn't be the first time, and I'm pretty sure it won't be the last.

Not sure where this point fits into the argument, but I would think that Jiraiya/Tsunade compensate for their loss of muscle by reinforcing them with chakra. It's already fairly commonplace, as we see Sasuke channel chakra into his legs to leap away from Haku's ice needles, crazy jumps, Rock Lee taking hits from Gaara's sand that would kill a regular human being, etc. etc.
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote