View Single Post
Old 2012-10-05, 02:33   Link #864
Anime Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Chuunibyou actually has subcategories. I think it's probably already mentioned somewhere that middle school kids who start drinking black coffee, or listening to western pop, etc. etc. all fall under Chuunis. So yes, Chuunibyou covers a wider scope; just that the Chuunis in this series are classified as the "evil eye category". Okabe will be considered under DQN category. For the series that have aired to date, Kobato from Haganai and Kuroneko from Oreimo will fall under the "evil eye category".

I don't understand why developing a taste for black coffee or Western pop would fall under chuunibyou. Is it because the sudden development is prompted by a desire to be different or cool? If that is the case, how do you differentiate between people who want to look/be cool and people who have a case of chuunibyou? People do all kinds of silly things to appear cool, like smoking cigarettes, wearing black sunglasses, or carrying expensive branded bags.

[Edit]
I just recall how people admit they'll do Ocelot's hand gesture at the checkout counter or during class after Metal Gear Solid 3 was released. Is that considered a case of chunnibyou too?
Anime Online is offline   Reply With Quote