View Single Post
Old 2013-01-24, 19:36   Link #29
Vicious108

If there was any doubt left that it's not just an ego trip as far as Makishima's concerned (hint: there wasn't), it should be gone with this episode.

Also, I'm mildly surprised he can kick that much ass. Figured he'd be entirely the brains and would always rely on outside brawn, but I guess if we're gonna have our climatic duel between him and Kougami, that wouldn't do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
The thing is,this scene is closer to the the real world than you might think,real life examples might not be as extreme but there is something called the "bystander effect" that is talked about in this news report

That scene reminded me of that.
Exactly. I understand being disturbed by that scene, but certainly not shocked in the sense of it being something unprecedented or unthinkable in real life. As always, Psycho-Pass' fictional society is designed to mirror our own and pretty much every criticism it's received thus far is analogous to real life social issues. If that weren't the case, Urobuchi wouldn't care for deconstructing it and exposing its ugliness. His works always strive to be relevant to reality and to make people think and question it.