View Single Post
Old 2012-02-12, 00:41   Link #1269
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Pandemonium View Post

honestly that doesn't make sense to me. Silvia and Apollo were reincarnations of the Apollonious and Celiane. The souls were the same, they just had different "identities" because their lives from rebirth to that point shaped their personalities but ultimately it is as bad fluffy toy said
It was a passing joke on the Conservation of Energy, but with the twist of souls. What I was specifically talking about, though, is that a soul broken into fragments could experience two entirely divorced lives, personalities, and histories. After a suitable time, would it not be justifiable to say that the original soul is no longer one but two separate entities traveling down the threads of time? Wouldn't the qualities of the new lives eventually *rub off* on the reincarnated souls, and change them? After enough time has passed, if the previous question was answered with a "yes", you'd have two inconsolable, now their own, parts of an old soul.

This is largely philosophy, not much about the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adigard View Post
That last bit was a good catch... There certainly seems to be unlimited spoilers in both the OP and the ED, depending, but that bit seems true. Now whether or not it's actually meaningful in a mech fighting show remains to be seen.
I think the fact that her hair falls is more telling, if we're going to pulling at the OP for clues, as there's only one other scene so far where she's had her hair down.

Last edited by Vena; 2012-02-12 at 00:52.
Vena is offline   Reply With Quote