View Single Post
Old 2013-04-04, 19:48   Link #78
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

It's not even about being shinobi or samourai, it's that using a Bunshin as a distraction to flank the enemy is what all the characters using clones have been doing since chapter one. Hell Madara did just that a few chapters ago to Tsunade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I don't know if it is cowardly (Kakashi has used a similar trick multiple times, so to have other 'good' characters), but I do think Kishimoto wanted us to dislike the move and consider it unsavory and definitely not in line with the ideals Hashirama is preaching.
I don't think the move itself is supposed to be unsavory although it's meant to be the last cold move of a tragedy. This is however the moment when Hashirama gave up on his young self in order to protect his dream, this is supposed to be what will differentiate him from Naruto who will somehow be able to reach the next step.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonsobon View Post
Last chapter Hashirama was prepared to kill himself to make peace with the Uchiha. He also couldn't answer Madara's question about who he would kill to preserve the peace of the village. This chapter however he said he would be prepared to sacrifice anyone, even family, if it meant keeping the village safe. Why the sudden 180? What happened during the time that Madara left and their last fight, for him to change his views?
His view didn't change, last time Madara gave him options even if they were crazy and so Hashirama was ready to kill himself if that meant peace. This time he felt that Madara didn't leave him any choice, it was either Madara's life or peace.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote