View Single Post
Old 2007-01-08, 16:55   Link #474
Kageitenshi
Meep meep, I'm a creep

Send a message via ICQ to Kageitenshi Send a message via MSN to Kageitenshi
I find it quite amazing how so many think of Rozen as the source of all the evil and the false Alice Game.
Given how Gin-sama couldn't have possibly ever become Alice in the incomplete state without her RM I find it impossible that Rozen could have been able to foresee her becoming animated and sentient on her own. Let alone being able to determine that the events to come would be beneficial or even essential for the outcome in the game. And in the case that nothing would have happened? Would Gin-sama have been given her RM and the ability to actually become Alice anyhow? We can't see Rozen overlooking her progress anywhere, more likely he couldn't find Gin-sama until she had fallen into the watery N-Field after being cut in half by Sou.

As for the missing abdomen, if Rozen wasn't able to make one good enough to begin with and thus left Suigintou to be finished later, how could he conjure up one for her on such a short notice when handing out her RM? Not going to make a complete repost from the Träumend thread, but this'll be another long post anyhow...

Also, as Enju said it in träumend ep.8 it is love that keeps the dolls alive, no matter how far apart you are, love will reach them. It is very unlikely that the Maidens would love Rozen as much as they do if they would feel that their father doesn't really love them, but actually feels sorry for his creations that were short of becoming Alice. Love that overcomes sistership makes Shinku willing to fight "to be able to see Father again" just like Souseiseki did.
It's unimaginable how any father would truly want to see his daughters destroying each other and being unable to find their own happiness for his own lust for creating the perfect girl.

Personally I do not understand certain emotions, due a certain "personality disorder" that makes me unable to actually feel emotions. But that makes it all the more easier for me to see this in others and I fail to see this kind of lust in Rozen that is more visible in Enju and prominent in Shirosaki.

Even if Rozen was selfish to a certain degree as for creating the Maidens for a certain purpose, is it not also true that having real children is in fact a selfish act, a form of self indulgence "I'll give this child everything, like she deserves" can be read, I will be happy because my child will be happy if I do this. This is only from one point of view, did anyone ever ask their child if they'd actually want to be born into a world like this or for a certain reason? Did anyone ask others if it is alright for me to have a child? What is the difference between having a child born with physical imperfections than being unable to create a complete doll before it became sentient on its own? What Rozen did may be selfish indeed, but we are all partly to blame for this because that is only how we see it. Ask from any of the Maidens and they'd think of it totally differently, they're actually happy to have such a father, and it seems as though Rozen's feelings for his Maidens are pure.

Truely all the Maidens love Father, is this not enough a proof that he is far from being a villain in the show like Laplace is? It is irrational why emotions make us think of things only from our point of view, seeing as how the Alice Game hurts the dolls, we blame Rozen for creating the dolls "for his purposes." Forget not that if it weren't for Rozen, we wouldn't even have such adorable dolls being able to decide for themselves! I can't see Rozen anywhere forcing them to whack each other into junk, what I do see is complicated emotions clashing between Shinku and Gin-sama, understandable, no? I would most certainly forget how thankful I am for my friends being there if they told me that what they have done to me wasn't out of friendship, but pity. What is see is Souseiseki's determination to see Father, falling for Laplace's little Rozen's crying scene avec Barasuishou as narrator. Gin-sama caring for Megu enough to fall for Bara's deceitful "if you had a Roza Mystica, healing her would be a small task".

I truly believe that Rozen had told Shinku and the other dolls of another way of becoming Alice from the beginning, but for one reason or another, probably due to Bastard Bunny's manipulation, they forgot this soon and only went to persuade the "easy way" shown by him, as long as I can see Father, nothing else matters... especially if you're as determined as Sou, as noble as Shinku or blinded by rage like Gin after the chain reaction of unfortunate misunderstandings in ouvertüre ep.2.

Suigintou's wings are indeed a powerful symbol, a fallen angel, one who once was pure and innocent fallen into darkness. Notice how she becomes aware of Shinku's reasons for taking care of her only after she received her Roza Mystica. I believe that while the RM contains an essence of the creator, they are somehow originated in Laplace and that would be the origins of the negative emotions. The second ouvertüre ep. isn't named vanity for no reason, Shinku's vanity for thinking she's better, Gin's vanity for thinking she has to be at least as good as... no, better than someone like Shinku, she was chosen by Father after all...

We can't hear Rozen's words, would probably be too much of a spoiler. BUT think of this, Gin-sama was happy, she was overjoyed when she told Shinku that she now has her RM, I am a Rozen Maiden, Father loves me too... isn't this wonderful Shinku, we're sisters? She was obviously willing to disregard Shinku's previous actions based on pity if she was to accept Gin as her sister. Shinku... well anyone as conceited as she was at the time would react the same "but you're..... JUNK! She can't be made by MY Father... it can't be... I'm... not like that." How would you react to that? There's always two to a fight, they are both to blame, Shinku could have accepted Gin-sama as a sister like she is. Gin-sama could have disregarded Shinku's disbelief and think "duh, what's her problem, I know I'm RM, that's quite enough for me!" But from personal experience as one who's had a horrible case of inferiority complex, I know you end up lashing out in anger... ofcourse she had to destroy what Shinku held most dear to her, second only to Father himself. Ye well, although not such a good memory, I've also gone through a Shinku phase in my life, thinking most people are just blind because they refuse to see what's right before them, deaf, because they refuse to listen to reason. How can't you see you're incomplete, how can't you see you're acting stupid?

Feelings, emotions and pure logic often contradict, that is why I decided to post my views based on pure logic, even as I am mostly a listener, since before I've mostly been thought of as an egoist for so forcibly sharing my views, I'd like to make it clear: All the more criticism and all the "do you really think you would know any better?" comments, the better, I'm not hindered by shame, regret, fear and I'll hand out my opinion even if no one listens since I can. I know nothing, no more no less than anyone else, unless you're the one writing the story for season 3.
Kageitenshi is offline   Reply With Quote