View Single Post
Old 2012-07-23, 07:12   Link #2141
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Not sure why you'd even mention Erio and Caro, since they are part of the bureau. But if we are making a list of powerful people, here's one of the confirmed high-rank people aligned with the TSAB we've seen:

Zest
Quint
Megane
Lindy
Chrono
Fate
Arf
Nanoha
Yuuno
Vita
Signum
Shamal
Zafira
Erio
Caro
Teana
Subaru
Aria
Lotte
Ginga
Cinque
Dieci
Nove
Wendi

That's 24 people. That we know of. On one area of Mid alone. There's bound to be more on Mid, much less on other worlds out there, hell the navy is confirmed to claim most of the powerful mages, so out there in space there's going to be even more of them. And people Clyde and Letti are just a few examples of the unknowns in the TSAB, and we haven't even touched on the Belkan controlled regions yet. So yes, I'm not really buying that "100" number here. I might buy it if an ace was a title or the other that had little to do with raw power, but more with some other special requirement. Because in terms of raw power, the TSAB has it more than the tournament.

It's just that the bureau is really, really big, and thus has thousands of other people as well, people who aren't as powerful. So the powerful people always seem to be the minority because, well, they are.

Again, the difference lies in favor of the bureau here.
Erio and Caro participated in the training for the tournament, but it was unclear as to whether they would participate on their own world.

Anyway, we're talking mages here, so you can remove the cyborgs and familiars from your list. The topic we're discussing is naturally occurring "normal" mages that are fairly powerful. Yuuno is also technically a civilian collaborator, not part of the Bureau (and doesn't take part in combat). The 10 people I named, was mainly just to get a rough number of how many "normal" powerful mages there are taking place in this tournament, and thus how many overall.

Also note that this tournament is merely ages 10-19... so it is confined to a single age group vs. the large age range the Bureau would have. What about those highly skilled and under 10? Nanoha and Fate were both 9 at one time. What about those highly skilled over 19? Is there a tournament for the adults 20+? Remember my 30 strong kids number from before that might be on Mid-Childa alone? Those kids grow up, and so shall we double that number to count in the number of powerful adult mages and very young children on Mid-Childa alone? 60 per planet? Remember, the tournament is a very limited look at a limited slice of the pie.

Megane and Quint are also interesting, though... they participated in the tournament, too, and Megane doesn't mention whether they won. I think if they had, she might have said that. Given we know roughly how strong Quint was (greater than Ginga and Subaru), and if we presume Megane to be equally strong... then again we have the tournament showcasing that we have many more powerful mages than we were otherwise led to believe.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote