View Single Post
Old 2013-02-20, 19:32   Link #106
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
It is until you become one of the ones unfortunate enough to run into problems, and realizes how fk'd up the system can be and how easily it can be abused.

Nobody in my family had any issues except for my dad, who during the citizenship interview it was discovered that there was a clerical error on his original permanent residency application. You'd think that it'd be easy enough to correct it and move on, but the INS officer decided to seize on that for some reason and almost completely derailed everything. She put my dad's case back in for another "background" check, except she didn't actually put in the request for the check, intentionally putting my dad's case in an administrative abyss where the INS said they're waiting on the FBI check, and FBI says they've never received the request.

Years went by with efforts by lawyers, and even letters from a US senator all in vain, my dad was contemplating having to start all over - giving up and re-apply for permanent residency and then citizenship again, when that ***** at the INS apparently moved or quit or whatever, and a new case officer took over my dad's case. My dad swore in as a citizen a few months after that.

Moral of the story is, excuse me if I don't display too much sympathy towards illegals who think citizenship should be handed out to them automatically, back taxes or not, especially when the process for the legal immigrants are still fk'd up.
So essentially because your family was badly treated by people when you attempted to obtain citizenship, you believe everyone else should be...

I don't get it. Are you saying it is RIGHT that INS officer screwed your dad over? Because you are actually justifying what you went through as NORMAL. Why are you angry at people too poor to use the normal channels when it is the INS that screwed you? Who are you mad at?