View Single Post
Old 2007-07-30, 21:47   Link #54
a hobbit
a hibbity hobbity hooobit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5_of_Spades View Post
I didn't think of Rossiu as power hungry since ep17. More like the only serious guy who is trying to run a government over a city that is made of vastly different cultures and opinions, with no one else in the high seats there to back him up. I can kinda feel his pain there. No wonder he went kinda crazy.

Basically, folks like Kittan and the Twins and what was his name were good as war generals. They are not trained in running a state, and couldn't be trained to run a state. Looking back at history, war generals who are only good at fighting are to be retired and given a big fat pension after the war is won, not to be let lose and mucking around with a government system that they don't really understand or care about. If only Simon and Rossiu were more open with each other over the past 7 years. Weren't they co-pilots? Had that been so, I doubt Rossiu would be so crazy radical and Simon be kinda clueless now.
You're right, I meant that Rossiu was more trying to run a city properly, without the help of the rest of the "leaders" who don't seem to have any knowledge in politics. After 7 years of what was most likely this sort of situation over and over, I'm sure anyone in their right mind would get fed up if the commander-in-chief always wanted to head blindly into a situation. I guess they should of let the Gurren Brigade retire from leading and just be war heroes like you mentioned war generals usually are regarded =P