Thread: Tekken 7
View Single Post
Old 2014-09-23, 18:59   Link #7
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

I believe many people do too. But looks like there are many who are okay with it as well. One can argue that the customization system takes care of that. Fair enough for Tekken 6 as the customization system and items are great and has certain themes, but TAG2's customization is horrible (both the items and the system). The only good thing of it is the freedom of color choice.

IMO most of the costumes are largely unchanged in order to establish their iconic getup? Jin's was best in Tekken 5 IMO. If we look closely, his Tekken 6 karate-gi is actually the updated version of his Tekken 3 karate-gi. I guess that's the same with the others. That or the guys at the studio are simply "lazy"... I find it a bit unfortunate because the always-changing costume designs in every game is one of the things I like about Tekken.

It's only Yoshimitsu who get unique designs in every installment except for TAG1.

Honestly while I'm excited about the new Tekken, it worries me as well since they seemed to be trying too hard to address all criticisms and to please all range of audiences.