View Single Post
Old 2008-09-15, 16:17   Link #206
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholi View Post
That won't work...for obvious reasons.

If you encoded to lossless and did not remove the different framerate sections you have what should now hereforth be referred to as VFRAC AVI. VFR Assumed Constant. Meaning you have all the frames required for a VFR stream, but since you are storing them in AVI they have to be one framerate. So one "easy" way to make a CFR version of this lossless VFRAC video would be to decimate/selectevery/convertfps the sections of frames that are the differing framerates to the overall framerate when encoding to your final format. If there are only a few, it doesn't take much work...if there are lots...well, lol. Also if you plan to use a VFR source and keep the output VFR you should not use DirectShowSource. Use either FFmpegSource (which can also get you the timecodes) or DSS2.

Otherwise yeah you would have to encode one version to lossless CFR (by forcing the source to one framerate from the start) and one to lossless VFRAC (keeping all the frames). But that's just stupid .

Also...why bother making an AVI version at all? You know you can put hardsubbed Xvid video into MKV. That way you keep the VFR and everything else, and don't need to do a billion extra things for some AVI fags. It's not complex to play MKV nowadays...especially if it's hardsubbed.
So then it wouldn't work. Alright, thank you. I'd probably be looking at XviD without a lossless if we were to decide to deal with VFR. XviD in MKV sound sort of fun, but I really wouldn't want to deal with the complaints. And is MKV able to play on a TV from a DVD?

TheFluff: I know I don't. That's why I ask.