View Single Post
Old 2009-11-03, 20:57   Link #104
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
It did lol. The one dude the Skull Saders leader that owned Ikki earlier that made Ikki piss himself showed up later. He was angry at one girl who made fun of him for getting owned by Ikki later on, then we see a seen of the guy raping the girl in the alley, this happens in vol 4 ch 28. Also there was implied rape in the first chapter of several girls when Ikki got beat up by the Skull Saders.
Yes I noticed the implications too, but again none of the girl where main love interests and that detail does change things.

The current stuff does not work for Yuki's favor in terms of popularity. Now we will get more people doubting on who should win, because Utsuki looks so innocent and pure (despite being a bit of perv) that some would probably like him to end to an equally pure aura giving sempai rather than the girl they saw shagging her brains out with her ex-boyfriend (if it was consensual, for which I am still not sure).

Knowing the fact would be less 'painful' (as in being told but never shown) than witnessing the scene the way we just did and probably will witness few more times in the future.

If sex is consensual then Utsuki may start looking not a good pair to Yuki because of his innocence, if it was rape though then Yuki may get much more pity points, but it would make the plot like a cheap hentai fantasy if the guys did not get punished for it.

Either way I have to applaud the mangaka for having the guts (or the stupidity) to show it in graphic.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote