View Single Post
Old 2010-04-18, 06:06   Link #119
ec289

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
A bit of therapy? Deep-seated psychological traumas take years to deal with. Maybe not so much in fiction-land but I still think you're gravely underestimating the complexity of human psychology here.

Well anyway, I really liked this episode. The comedy is gold as always (seriously loled at the pi thing) and the plot is already starting to throw doubt over the SSS members heads about whether or not they're doing the right thing. I thought a good couple of episodes would pass before that happened, but it looks at if Jun Maeda wants no bullshit this time round and wants to go straight to buisness. I'm inclined to believe Iwasawa's disappearance was a good thing, though what triggered it is still a mystery to me.

Oh and:
Spoiler for space:
Iwasawa's disappearance was caused by understanding what she sought to figure out. It seems that in her circumstances in her real life, growing up in a unhappy home and losing everything that she wished for in life would lead her to a question as to why she was born into such an unfair situation. You can see that right before she disappears when she says "Continuing to sing like this... Thats the reason I was born".

Through living in the "Afterlife" she was able to see the affects of her music on those around her. In the final scene we see that her ballad that Yuri originally rejects was able to quell the anger between the students and the adults trying to stop them. I believe that at this point she was finally able to come to the realization that she was born into such a bad situation in order to save those around her in the way she was saved. Without her experience of an unhappy home and the unfairness of life she wouldn't be able to write the songs that affected those around her so much. Finally, with that she was able to come to terms with her life and "move on".

That's what I got out of it anyway and I apologize if this has already been covered.

Last edited by ec289; 2010-04-18 at 07:26.