View Single Post
Old 2013-01-23, 15:43   Link #582
xizro345
King's Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
It's not unusual for a novel concept to have only so much applicablitiy since they're treading new ground. However, I don't think that your assessment is very fair: SuperS is pretty good even though it's obvious that Ikuhara was told to tone down his weird ideas, and Stars features some of the very best Sailor Moon.
Even if the number of fillers was low (about 14 if I recall correctly) I remember them well because nothing.really.happened in those episodes. Not to mention the whole attack that lasted about a min or so, much longer than in previous series. Also I didn't like Chibiusa much, and its role in SuperS was way too much for my tastes.
I don't agree with Stars. It felt they were trying new directions without a clear goal. Not to mention I remember an interview with Takeuchi in which (in a very polite way) was very disappointed with the anime version of the Starlights.

Quote:
Toei did pretty well with Ojamajo Doremi, and that came out two years after Stars wrapped up.
I wouldn't call it that similar though. They didn't really touch the genre with something similar to SM till Precure, mostly.
IIRC Toei wasn't in "good" shape (relatively speaking) a few years after SM ended. I'm not sure if Cutey Honey F ended up profitable or not, but image-wise, it backfired in a way they didn't predict at all (again, an interview with Toei I managed to read back then mentions it).

Quote:
Would they go with old Sailor Moon hands, or are we finally going to see Usagi as written by Okada Mari?
As long as Takeuchi doesn't get the final say, I'd be ok even with that.