View Single Post
Old 2012-11-25, 17:27   Link #22
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Well, back to some genuine action! Really, there was lots to like in this episode, including Yui getting some genuinely badass moments with her slide under the door while under fire and throwing the corpse out of the moving jeep and grabbing the wheel while being chased as well as dodging the rocket-launcher fire.

Chobi gets the best line with her "I'm an Eishi. I don't fight other humans." Seriously, who expected Tarisa to be the voice of sound reason?

If there's been an underlying theme of MLA:TE thus far, I'd have to say that it boils down to: "When exposed to stress situations, human beings act in petty, stupid, and self-centered ways." When Natalie talked about how the RLF terrorists were going to blow up the prototypes, I couldn't help but shake my head: their entire raison d'etre is to stick up for the people who have been cast aside and abused in the wake of the alien invasion that's chewing up Earth, and their master plan is to destroy the advanced research in fighting those aliens? It sounds like the "equality" they talk about is that every human will be equal when we've all been NOMmed.

Of course, watching Natalie get shot, random civilians get gunned down, and the one terrorist in the lab raid get obsessed with the symbolism of his gun as a phallic instrument makes the point firmly that these so-called "freedom fighters" are as much the scum of the earth as anyone else.

...So, anybody know why the U.N. apparently had a bunch of BETA in tanks under the base?