View Single Post
Old 2004-01-17, 05:12   Link #3
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

I've been watching all of the promos and new shows for this season. I've surveyed Monkey Turn, Yumeria, Area88, Diamond Dust Drops and Cos Prayers. As I watched each one I could only think, "Ugh, this is going to be a boring season." The best of the bunch seemed to be Cosmopolitan Prayers and that isn't saying much.

Then as I watched the promo for Le Portrait de Petit Cossette I felt a stir of excitement for the first time. Finally! It looks like this is going to be a show that I can really sink my teeth into. Perhaps the January season isn't going to be a total waste of time after all!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitarou20
Just seen the promo for this, and I gota say it looks very interesting. Might be another vampire or dark gothic kinda anime. I'll be looking forward to it in the future.
It doesn't look at all like a vampire to me though it is definitely dark and gothic. I think that Cossette is a ghost. It seems that she is under a curse that she can only live if someone loves her enough to die in her stead. That would be a double-tragedy. Not only would someone who loves her be dead, but they also wouldn't be able to be together. Either way, one would be alive and the other, dead. If she loved him as well, then would she want him to die for her?

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote