View Single Post
Old 2011-06-08, 07:22   Link #18
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
I don't necessarily think pretty boy is synonymous with emo.
Like Suzuku had said, it was the unsociable 17 year old that gave me that impression. Not to mention that apparently the premise of the show revolves around that aspect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Though "Guilty Crown" does somehow have a mecha ring to it. Not sure what it is, but I think you're going to prove to be spot on. That and the pilot thing does kind of give it a way.
Well, after the new info, it does seem to involve mecha, but is more of a si-fi/social commentary anime now. Then again, the whole thing is pretty vague (the main character is apparently able to have a choice of 3 items, but is also able to pilot stuff)

We'll see. I'm still unsure about this show being a noitaminA anime as a good idea, but it does sound interesting enough at the moment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Given the nature of the studio and cast and - especially - that it's NoitaminA I certainly don't expect this to be dumb.
Given the nature of the staff(the director of Death Note and High School of the dead, writers of Macross and Code Geass), I don't expect it to be deep. In fact, I think that it's going to be rather fun series to watch, but is going be dumb in the same way HSotD and Death Note were (i.e. having many nonsensical moments) Also, being NoitaminA show these days is no longer a sign of quality anymore, nor of the sort of shows the slot used to be famous for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
-snip-
Much thanks for the translation and information.

So apparently, we are going to be using the Power of Friendship to combat mecha now seems interesting enough, like a cross between Code Geass and Persona in a post-apocalyptic setting with hints of social commentary.