View Single Post
Old 2012-07-21, 12:44   Link #1078
mironicus

Quote:
Again, I hope not because that's a really horrible execution of the plot. Yozora should be mentally healthy AND happy. Kodaka choosing her will not help her in any way.
Yozora is indirectly implying to him "I need you." again and again. It's Kodaka's biggest strength and weakness that he cares more about others than himself. So he might be even able to sacrifice his own luck and happiness because he takes others burden.

Quote:
Ideally, Yozora should become like the one in the plus manga, where she grows up and goes "Kodaka, you're my bro. I'm behind you all the way" as a FRIEND instead of being clingy.
Well, Yozora is very stubborn in the Light Novel. In the last released chapter Sena received all the anger from her after addressing her "problem" (the other members are afraid of her). Yozora becomes small and narrow-chested - and still she can't stop to cling to it.

Maybe it's the combination of both that will help her: Sena actually approaches her problems directly, and that gives Kodaka the opportunity to talk about it with Yozora. The last scene between them felt like a parent talking to a stubborn child.

Quote:
It's very telling that Yozora thinks of the neighbors club as "two + lots of other people" ; the two being her and Kodaka of course. I don't know, it feels like she doesn't even think of them as friends
The neighbors club was intended to be a "Place where I can be close to Kodaka". Rika and Yukimura also joined because of him and had romantically intentions. Yozora's definition is not wrong, because the girls are love rivals first. If Kodaka leaves the club and no one attends any more it is clear that they are not really friends.

Last edited by mironicus; 2012-07-23 at 06:42.
mironicus is offline   Reply With Quote