Old 2013-07-10, 16:50   Link #32507
jjblue1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kealym View Post
About Kyrie's 18 years thing, I've always thought:

1. Ryukushi made a mistake, and just meant '12'
2. Kyrie was involved with Rudolf at least 6 years before he married Asumu
3. EP3 and EP6 are gameboards where he confessed to her
4. Kyrie is speaking with much more Meta than she probably should, in the sense that everything ends for her in 1986
5. Battler's return to the family in 1986 is some kind of symbolic, "my place over even Asumu's memory in this household is complete" thing for her
Also, it can be Rudolf is lying. He knows it's all a game and he has already told Kyrie and possibly Battler but telling he didn't have them the time to tell the truth makes the scene so much more dramatic...

Quote:
Regarding Shkanon's face, I of course agree with the majority ; and it's the fact that it could have been resolved with even just a few throwaway lines that makes it so grating. Off the top of my head:
1. Shannon and Kanon do, in fact, claim to be blood related
2. Kanon started working just after the 1985 conference, so most of the relatives had never seen him before
3. Kanon works almost entirely overnight shifts or taking care of the obscenely large garden, so he's barely around people to be remembered much in the first place
4. Maybe Shannon's a girly girl who's known for wearing a lot of makeup
Hum... If I'm not wrong Shannon said she tried make up once but messed up.

And you should add also a 5 which is "Jessica is rarely on the island and she barely knows Shannon so when she'll see Kanon and fall in love with him she totally won't connect him to her childhood friend Shannon with whom she had friendly chats each time she can and that she's trying to hook up with her cousin, George."

Because really, Jessica looks really dumb for not noticing the boy she's crushing on is the friend she's trying to pair up with her cousin.

Quote:
It reminds me of when I was reading And Then There Were None, and
Spoiler for spoilers for And Then There Were None:
Spoiler for spoilers for And Then There Were None:

Quote:
Originally Posted by haguruma View Post
It is something that in terms of Umineko can be seen as a plot-internal process on the island, as well as one concerning the forgeries, but also concerning us (the reader). It is impossible to discern the real of the events that happened on Rokkenjima, from the murder case that is presented to us through fiction and to the characters on the island through presentation. Yasu's plan was forced to fail because in the light of the option between threatening real and harmless fiction, people will choose to believe in the threatening real and attempt to protect themselves from it.
Well, this would remind me of the old theory of someone having fun organizing a mystery game and someone else taking it for real and killing people like it sort of happen in Ep 6.
jjblue1 is offline   Reply With Quote