View Single Post
Old 2008-03-07, 06:43   Link #138
Ahasuerus
UNBOUND-ed

I've played through Day Nine thanks to the Sonozakis, and am anxiously awaiting more Thanks so much for your excellent work, Mion & Shion! (Not to forget their beta-testers )

I really noted the difference when trying to continue the game using Atlas and AGTH Man, what a mess those programs produce They don't even get Mion or Satoko's names right (Well, they did at first, but I guess I changed something; they're pretty confusing to set up right.) I just gave up in frustration. The Sonozaki's translation reads so beautifully that anything else is a letdown

Anyway, as an impetus of sorts to motivate anyone on the fence about buying the games legitimately to think about it, I decided to go ahead and order all three 07 Expansion games from Himeya-Shop. Pretty spendy, but hell, being a Higurashi junkie I wanted them, and the idea of supporting Ryukishi07 appeals to me His hard work and devotion provided me with many hours of enjoyment, so it's only fair.

My tracking number revealed a box that said 2 pounds, and I wondered how large the game boxes might be! Visions of juicy gigantic game boxes danced in my mind's eye. And when it came... the darn thing was almost two feet long! Imagine my disappointment upon opening it and only three jewel cases were inside; not even a game box

Next to them was a rolled up bunch of what looked like posters. "Hmph," I thought, "they just had to include promo crap, didn't they?" I almost tossed them, but unrolled it... and found:

...inside...

I don't want to take up the whole page with pics, but here's one more

I don't know whether they throw a calendar in just for buying all three games or whether it's some kind of reward for having been a customer for awhile; I couldn't even find it on their website. (It measures 16 1/2" x 23 1/2")

Anyway, the expenditure was immediately absolved

Just thought I'd share that with my fellow Higgy fans