View Single Post
Old 2012-09-22, 17:18   Link #62
Esebian

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, there could be both. Let's say some sort of update was deployed that modified/bugged/broke the regular interface, or let's say that an administrator somehow got "de-modded" by Cardinal and so lost their regular Admin tools. I guess I can see why you might want some backup plan like: "if you can't use the regular interface through NerveGear, go to this secret spot in the game world and you can gain direct access to the system". There is some logic to it anyway.

That doesn't make any sense at all. When we're talking about accessing the console through NerveGear, we mean through the UI that the players use to execute all the other commands (to access their inventory, equip weapons, toggle the "Ethics Off" option, and so on). This is all in-game.

And by the way: we don't even know what happened to the GM. As explained in this episode, the game is being managed by Cardinal now with no human input. Granted, of course, the game was probably built expecting there to be human involvement still (just like it was built with Yui in it), until Kabaya changed the rules of the game.
Ok, I'm terribly sorry, I should have made my point clearer. What I meant is that now the console itself is installed at the server of SAO, but if it would be in the normal menu it would be installed with the client of SAO in the Nerve Gear, hence it is now more secure as the other way round, asuming it is easier to hack something installed on your hardware then somewhere on some server

EDIT: @ak4allz Yeah, the moment she summoned the sword or to be more precise the kind of summoning totally reminded me of Shana XD
Esebian is offline   Reply With Quote