View Single Post
Old 2013-02-10, 23:25   Link #118
Enpitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diveman View Post
2-. Yakomaru captured them both, forced them to have the kid and then killed them.
I agree with this. As I recall, the Robber Fly insisted on invading the Spider Wasps (who had helped Maria and Mamoru). For Yakomaru who has recently acquired some knowledge from what I assume to be a False Minoshiro (he probably learned about ogres and karmic demons from this source and finally the reason as to why humans make them kill/off other humans), he must have seen this as prime opportunity to attack the Spider Wasps to 'capture' Maria and Mamoru, then have them mate to acquire the child for his purposes of usurpation.

Tomiko in the previous episode spoke with the most certainty that the bones were indeed Maria's and Mamoru's. I agree with Tomiko on this because why would the queerats, and specifically, Yakomaru take the risk of being punished from the older humans and be noticed for his plans so early in its conception (plus he's already gotten what he needed anyway: the child)? There is every reason to doubt the truth of Squealer's words that the bodies of "young gods are similar to tall queerats'" because of his very intention to overthrow humans.