View Single Post
Old 2013-03-26, 12:33   Link #110
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasumi View Post
Well you know, technically Ounoki didn't stop the meteor, even with help from Gaara.
Actually he did hence why Madara dropped a 2nd on his face and Gaara didn't help on that so what are you referring to?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
Keep in mind the Sarutobi that had blocked at least one bijuudama (implied from the again!? exclamation) was still the older one outside of his prime. It was a pretty good job for an old man anyway.

Since the younger version of him was supposed to be a chakra monster, I can see him swatting away bijuudama a la carte.
No he didn't, the Kyubi used 2 Bijuudama and both were stopped by Yondaime, not Sarutobi. He was also never said to be a chakra monster althought this matter little considering everybody has virtually infinite chakra capacity nowadays.
Incidentally Sarutobi wasn't that old during the Kyubi attack, he was about the same age than Jiraiya when he died.
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
To be fair, Kishimoto is going to have to up Sarutobi if for no other reason than to provide an excuse for why Konoha hadn't been run over long ago considering that Sarutobi had been Hokage for 40 or so years. So, he had to be able to compete against Oonoki and third Raikage and the 3rd Mizukage not to mention Hanzou, even if we have no idea how he could have competed against such monstrous figures.
Does he? He could just ignore the subject or quickly evacuate it with a mere comment from the Gokage that Sarutobi used to be the strongest among them instead of showing some monkey glory. I'm all for Sarutobi finally getting some love but if the past taught me something it's that we're more likely to have Hashirama and Tobirama fangasm about Yondaime's skill, wisdom and golden hair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
I think the best occasion would have been the Orochi vs Sarutobi battle.
At the time it was pretty sweet, I prefer the human sized fight rather than the gigantic pokemon onslaught. It's just that in retrospect the fight looks very low level compared to the current power standard.

Last edited by Hunter; 2013-03-26 at 12:48.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote