Thread: Crunchyroll Hanasakeru Seishounen
View Single Post
Old 2009-04-29, 13:00   Link #73
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
I had a lot of respect for Kajika's strength of personality after the first episode. She lost some of my respect in the second episode though. It wasn't that she thought that Mustafa's soul inhabited Eugene's body that put me off per se. It was her insistence that everyone else accept the idea and how she handled the situation that bugged me. Her actions bordered on arrogance. Not to mention, she came close to stalker territory in going after Eugene like she did.

Speaking of Eugene... I gotta wonder about a man who finds a 14-year-old girl sitting on the steps to his apartment complex. A girl he might have briefly seen one time before at best. A girl who insists that he's the reincarnation of a leopard. He then invites her into his apartment and casually talks with her without a clue as to who she is. (Remember, he didn't know she was the Barnesworth heiress until they had been talking in his apartment for a while.)

Quite honestly, I thought both of them had some screws loose during that whole event.
1. Kajika doesn't "border on arrogance." Arrogance is her middle name, lol. She was raised like a princess on an island, with everyone doing whatever she wanted. That arrogance comes from the fierce purity of her nature, too. And she's also still a child, with no sense of limits. Really, she's one of the most engaging characters I can remember. As long as I'm just watching a show and don't have to live with her, lol. Perhaps part of the satisfaction here is being able to identify with such a free and untrammelled spirit.

2. Eugene is also consistent. He's a selfish and irresponsible Casanova. Of course he'd invite that 14-year-old on the steps into his apartment.
Spoiler for Eugene in ep3:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote