View Single Post
Old 2013-08-14, 06:19   Link #85
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assort Dis View Post
Oh wow! Even though this one looks like a sketch, it clearly shows your big improvement in anatomy and proportion. The hands, which were your big weakness, are pretty much spot on even considering the perspective. Honestly, I can't find any fault here

I especially like the way you color her skirt and the plastic bag. The way you show those stuffs inside the bag is a really nice addition. Your practice is paying off!
Thanks a lot! This practice picture took a lot longer than usual. I also poured over a lot of hand tutorials on Pixiv and reference images. It'll be a while before I can learn how to consistently draw like this. So I probably won't upload anything proper for a while.

I really should've drawn a green vegetable or something on the right side of that bag. As it is it looks like the orange fruit is floating...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
I agree that this one is already showing much improvement in terms of body shape and proportions that's very quick for a change.

Looks like you're also trying a new coloring style which is good. I like the soft feeling that it gives.
Thank you. The "soft" feeling was probably because I used the blur tool a lot to keep the drawing from looking too rough and dirty. It'd be nice if I could incorporate softer shading in my future colorings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
Water brush?

What do you set your blend/opacity at? Every time I try the colours just don't mix properly.

Also yes, lineart improvement = pure hax.
Just brush. This was my coloring brush settings for the above drawing:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
       /
      / \|
    /

Last edited by winhlp32; 2013-08-14 at 17:50.
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote