View Single Post
Old 2011-04-28, 10:44   Link #8
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I was however quite butthurt Joseph (the best Jojo ever!) got shafted in part 3 (why did he give him the worst stand ever and make his hamon completely useless!?), and I'm not even talking about what happened to him in part 4...

Yeah, I agree that it's disappointing that Joseph got so little action after part 2 (though to be honest I actually rather like Hermit Purple, despite it being one of the weaker Stands). Still, he at least got an awesome catchphrase (OH! MY! GOD!), and there was a particular scene involving him that's one of my all-time favorite Jojo moments, period (I'm referring to his haggling match with Steely Dan).

But then there's part 4 Joseph..... ugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka?? View Post
haven't had time to check up on steel ball run yet. time to remedy that soon!

Didn't know Dio is back. that means there is a new type of skill? The last time Dio appeared, stand was introduced.

Yeah, Dio's back in SBR, but he's not the same one from the previous 6 sagas (since SBR takes place in an alternate universe that resulted from the final battle in Stone Ocean). However, despite him being an alternate Dio, he's pretty much the same in personality. In fact, you can pretty much think of SBR as a total re-imagining of Phantom Blood (takes place around the same time period, and the two main characters are even a Joestar/Zeppeli combo)!

And yes, as Kanon said, Stands still exist in SBR (though their origins obviously differ from that of the "core" Jojoverse, due to the setting). However, there's another power known as the "spin", which is this saga's take on hamon/ripple. And while there's a lot of awesome characters here, I'd definitely say that SBR's worth reading just for Funny Valentine alone. I can guaran-damn-tee you that his "napkin" speech will make you believe......
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote