Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Darling in the Franxx
View Single Post
Old 2018-05-20, 05:04   Link #3139
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Thank you for helping, Haak. But maybe we should not bother with him anymore. It's no use.
This'll be the last time, I swear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
i was being sarcastic ok? but the point was which the anime had a horrible pace and a lot of "low animations" or lack of animations, and used a lot of "background scenes" with landscapes" instead of actually "showing the characters animation in talk, for sure it was one of the worst anime of that season even the "read of the novel" told which the pace was horrible and the "low budged was clear.
No you weren't because that's not sarcasm and you clearly don't know what sarcasm means. Sarcasm is when you say one thing and mean the opposite. For example, if I told you that I think you're really really smart then that would be considered sarcasm. If you were being sarcastic when you said Grimgar was "Static panels simulator" then that would mean you're saying Grimgar has great fluid animation and you aren't because you're still complaining about it. What I said was correct and that you were resorting to hyperbole. And you don't need to point it out to me because I've already pointed it out to you. And the only reason I pointed it out was because of the sheer irony and hypocrisy of saying you don't take Obelisk seriously and needlessly insulting him, whilst you're the one being hyperbolic in your points.

In any case, what you also need to understand is that Obelisk never said anything about Grimgar's animation. All he implied was that Grimgar has a better balance between its action and character drama. Whether or not Grimgar has crap animation is totally irrelevant. Pacing is a different thing too but I'll throw you a bone here because the two are linked. But just saying that Grimgars pacing was rubbish without any elaboration is not an argument. At least not one worth taking seriously. Obelisk wasn't talking to you: he was talking to someone on the same page as him. You're not on the same page? Fine, just say you disagree and leave it there. There's no need to insult someone who made a perfectly valid point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
i was trying to avoid it but, it's only show how you really "dont understand the means of plot", because so far the anime plot is going on, again it's not your 'generic mecha anime" full of battles, the focus of this anime and the plot is all about "importance of "nature" as pregnance, gender, grow, be more "mind indepented" not really the "battle" so far the anime is doing his "plot" the problem is which some peoples really think which plot only means "beat the bad guys" or something like that, this plot is not about "politics or beat the monsters' is about some bases of what means be alive the importance of "leave something behind", procreation and that things.
Actually, I understand it fine. In fact I'm pretty confident that I understand this show better than you do. Franxx is clearly inspired by Evangelion in a lot of ways and one of those ways is the character driven nature of that show. This is nothing new; Star Driver adopted a similar approach (which I think it did reasonably well) and maybe Captain Earth (I say maybe because i'm not sure if it was character driven or just so forgettable that I've already forgotten the plot). I have nothing against this approach at all and i already identified this nature early on. But I also haven't made it a secret what I think about the themes Franxx has decided to centre on. Watching educationally stunted teenagers clumsily learn about sex and romance has all the emotional depth of a neutered dog trying to hump its owners leg. I'll give the show credit for having the balls to imply that Kokoro and Mitsuru had sex but that's only one moment out of three episodes. I liked this show a lot better when it focused on ZeroTwo's past (because that episode actually had them as kids so it made sense) and how much responsibility ZeroTwo and the others had in the way they treated each other because that was actually a very complex subject that required a lot of nuance to see through and that is evident in how much debate it generated. But this isn't complex or nuanced; it's just rehashing the same "WE HAVE FEELINGS BUT WE'RE OPPRESSED" shit over and over and over again. If any of this had any application to real life like the ZeroTwo focused episodes did then it would be fine but it doesn't. It's just been episodes of episodes of stating the obvious. The only type of people who could learn from this show are similarly educationally stunted people (who probably wouldn't be watching anime) and little kids (and i wouldn't show this to little kids for a lot of reasons).

If you think differently then more power to you. But I'm well aware of what this show is trying to do thank you very much. It's not exactly subtle about it. Whether there's any value to what the show is doing is an entirely different topic.

Last edited by Haak; 2018-05-20 at 07:29.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote