View Single Post
Old 2008-04-04, 13:09   Link #1003
plant

A lot of people have been calling the EF a ridiculous proposal. Something that would lever happen in the real world. I don't think that its all that far fetched.

I actually found it a bit odd that the three coalitions were formed around the elevators in the fist place. People hate the idea of a unified military because it interferes with any traditional notions of sovereignty. Despite the extreme dependency on the solar elevators I don't see why the countries dissolved there boundaries to that degree. Perhaps the Asians coalesced first and the Americans/Europeans jumped into suit out of fear.

Either way after the unions formed, those individuals who resisted the change, may have been disenfranchised. At this point, and the people in power would be the ones most likely to support Unity between the nations.

I think it still leaves us with an unanswered question. What was the catalyst for the shift into the EF? People in high-power political positions rarely push change especially the kind that creates an authority that they have to answer to.

As for CB they i can't see them as having had too much of an effect. The joint military operations aren't going to cause any real political headway. At best their message of ending war could cause people to try to create a peace keeping force; however, that seems a bit contrived to me.

Whatever happened i hope the writers elaborate heavily on the events of the four year hiatus.
plant is offline   Reply With Quote