View Single Post
Old 2012-09-05, 21:35   Link #107
DoomRavager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagoshod View Post
Seeing as how Izumi was a random cadet who never officially graduated the Royal Guard academy, I don't see why she can't just be recruited as one of Yuuko's new trainees in late 1998.
But inexperienced or not, they have graduated, seeing as they're flying the Zuikakus that Yui said "once we graduate, that's what we'll be piloting" backed up also by Yui's uncle "In the Imperial Royal Guard Training Academy our training unit is the Gekishin. Once you graduate you’ll be piloting the Zuikaku." As well as shown wearing actual IRG suits instead of the cadet outfits. Judging by comments on their lack of experience, I'm guessing that either their graduation was rushed with the imminent invasion, or that's a reference to the simple fact that training really does not end upon graduation and new graduates really generally don't have any battlefield experience to speak of, as well as how the dedicated anti-BETA part of the training curriculum is all shoved in right at the end which would mean they haven't had as much time for that bit to sink in. I quote also the wiki "only soldiers and Eishi that have been officially commisioned are allowed to see the true forms of the BETA which are classified at the highest level to anyone else", and they're certainly already familiar with how BETA look and how Destroyers are meant to be fought.

Regardless, even if they somehow had not already graduated, how exactly is someone who has already enlisted in the IRG officer's school and gotten far enough in the program to already be taught about different BETA types and appropriate tactics for each class (which as was said is all shoved in the very last bit of the curriculum) equated to "a raw recruit with no previous affiliation who can enlist in pilot school and be trained as a new cadet from scratch"? Leaving aside the whole "they're using the machines and wearing the uniforms that are issued upon graduation, strongly suggesting that they have graduated" thing.

By the way, you know they don't search through other military organizations testing all their pilots for potential to look for recruits, right?

Either way, in the world of fanfiction, anything's possible, far be it from me to tell you to allow consistency with the source to hinder you.
DoomRavager is offline   Reply With Quote